Sunday, December 27, 2009

Back Entrance, Revisited

Back Entrance, Revisited, 12 x 16
$300
email to purchase

Happy Holidays, everyone. I hope you are enjoying your families and friends, and are looking forward to much painting in 2010. Today's post is my first in three weeks, thanks to shopping, overeating, and all the other critical holiday activities. The image above may look familiar, as it is an enlarged attempt from one of my very first posts back at the beginning of June. I worked primarily on improving the brushstrokes and enhancing the values and colors of the background. I enjoyed this subject when we painted it en plein air last spring, and was glad to go back this week and explore it anew.

Best wishes in the new year!

Back Entrance, 8 x 10
plein air study

2 comments:

julie davis said...

Stephen, I like the reworked version. The increased contrast works very well. Happy New Year!

Rae Andrews, Contemporary Texas Artist in all media said...

Love the light in this one Stephen, clean and string. A delight to see your progress.
Rae